Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday as column 5?

I have a devotional scheme for CrownHeartWorld/5 Coumns.  M-F Creation-Completion.  In that, Friday is the completion of all things.  It is a day of celebration.  It is a day beyond all the trauma and drama of the week.  It is the "all is well" day.
So, today, I'm wondering... can I have an "all is well day today"?  What does it take to experience a foretaste of a post-cancer world?  I'm right back in my sticking point: am I doomed to navigate between delusion and despair?  Must I be muted and balanced and mixed in my awareness of good and bad?  Can I trust the consequences of just seeing the good without fearing that I fail to find my way back to burdened sobriety?  Why not.

It's Friday!


18 You have not come to a physical mountain, to a place of flaming fire, darkness, gloom, and whirlwind, as the Israelites did at Mount Sinai....22 No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering. 23 You have come to the assembly of God’s firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself, who is the judge over all things. You have come to the spirits of the righteous ones in heaven who have now been made perfect. 24 You have come to Jesus, the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks of forgiveness instead of crying out for vengeance like the blood of Abel. ~ Hebrews 12

No comments: